@joe Their reasons, however, are some of the worst bullshit I’ve seen since I went home from work this morning.

If they claim that FAX is secure, they’re as misinformed, ignorant, or plain stupid, as it gets.
@Streakmachine Sure, Fax is insecure as hell and they should know that although they weren't prepared for the backlash.
@joe an IT person told me a couple years ago that fax was important for HIPAA but I don’t necessarily trust that person’s accuracy
/@Streakmachine
@joe My ISP in Italy requires a fax to terminate a contract!
@33MHz I know. It is completely crazy, and nothing I have said in any of the shops has produced anything like an explanation. Luckily the local copy shop still keeps a fax machine, though I haven’t needed it for many years.

/@joe
@jeremycherfas As long as you never need it, that's OK… Boy. I should figure that out for some sort of Pnut app. 😅
@33MHz I think I used an efax service the last time I needed to send or receive one. Which was probably like once in my life, and years ago. Email is the new fax for me: creaky, insecure, but how stuff often gets done.
/@jeremycherfas
@jeremycherfas @33MHz In my last corporate job, a fax machine is still a need for a lot of things despite being more digital. It still has a place especially for non-digital people.