Hi @joanna! How are you doing?
@thedoctor I'm doing okay, thanks. They just announced that folks over 50 can start getting vaccinated on Monday in Texas so maybe I'll get jabbed soon.
@joanna that would be wonderful if you could get the vaccine. Michigan is opening sign up to all adults starting 4/1. There will even be a clinic at Ford Field.
@thedoctor We just need to get enough vaccine.
@joanna @thedoctor All adults is likely for May or June since we're basically far behind other states due to racial disparities.
@joe @joanna surprisingly, even with the current vaccine administration rate we are still ahead of quite a few European countries.
[Deleted]
@Kabuku actually the J&J vaccine has ~70% efficacy in preventing Covid outright but a higher rate of reducing severe illness requiring hospitalization and/or intubation. Its Pfizer and Moderna peers have a ~95% efficacy rate at stopping Covid period.
@Kabuku J&J has a similar rate of preventing severe illness and hospitalization comparable to Pfizer's or Moderna's overall efficacy. The reason to go forward with the J&J vaccine is it reduces the strain on hospitals and medical supply chains
[Deleted]
@Kabuku Fiasco is probably going a bit far, although I am happy to say I have an appointment for my first dose tonight.

/@thedoctor
@jeremycherfas And, I've got one for tomorrow afternoon!

// @Kabuku @thedoctor
[Deleted]
@joanna I hope yours goes as smoothly as mine did. Immensely impressive set up.

/@thedoctor @Kabuku
[Deleted]
@Kabuku Thanks! BTW, Texas is opening up to all adults starting on Monday with anyone over 80 still having priority — even for walk-ins.

// @jeremycherfas @thedoctor
@Kabuku 12 hours later, absolutely fine. Not even any redness.

/@joanna @thedoctor
@jeremycherfas My arm has been sore and I've been sleepy but no big deal.

// @Kabuku @thedoctor
@joanna I spoke too soon. About four hours later, so 18 hours post-injection, I started feeling a bit feverish, achy bones, headache. But after some rest and a good night’s sleep with ibuprofen, this morning I seem to be fine.

/@thedoctor @Kabuku
@jeremycherfas Feeling sleepy has been my main symptom. Still a TINY bit sore on my arm today but otherwise all good.

// @thedoctor @Kabuku
@jeremycherfas All good so far. I was listening to a podcast about vaccine hesitancy earlier and one of the reporters said folks here in the US don't like the word "jab" but I've taken to it in a big way. :-)

// @thedoctor @Kabuku