After two months of testing, my new iOS app "Log A Day" is ready to meet its future users. I'm currently preparing the appstore screenshots and copywriting, it's tedious but a very nice feeling nonetheless. Now let's hope for a smooth App Review process...
On launch date, Log A Day will be available in English and in French. Thanks to @streakmachine, it will also be available in Swedish in a future version. I also want to thank @ccp and @joanna for their participation to the beta test program.
@ericd awesome news. I am addicted to logging my daily coffee and water intakes. Excellent app and full of features.
/@joanna @streakmachine
@ccp Thanks a lot, Craig! Appreciated. :) /@joanna @streakmachine
@ccp Development and updates have slowed down while in beta test but Log A Day will continue to evolve after its release. More "Pick of the moment" cards, more charts, etc. /@joanna @streakmachine
@ericd fantastic. Cool. There are so many ways to view data it's mind boggling.
/@streakmachine @joanna
cookie jar (l)

Log a Day feedback

@ericd ood morning. Just wondered if there was a way to disable the “Tap widget to +1” option? It's a nice option, but you would have to have a widget for each category for that to work. I have 3 main categories that I use daily, but there is no way to select which category you want to +1 from the widget. Maybe if a long press showed the categories that would work, but currently I am only able to +1 the last used category. Hope that makes sense. /@streakmachine @joanna…

Read on Longpo.st

@ccp Hi Craig. I understand. I will find a way so solve this. :) Also the +1 is only in the beta, you can switch to the appstore version if you don't want that feature at the moment. And 1.1.32 will solve this issue (I haven't decided how yet, but it will)
Switching back and forth between App Store and TestFlight is not an issue because all your Log A Day data is backed up in iCloud (if your device is connected to your iCloud account of course, if not then nothing is backed up!!).
@ericd sounds great. I must have missed your post about the app now being live on the app store (just read it by looking back in your timeliness).
@ccp I'd not looked at the widgets option—I keep forgetting widgets are a thing! I'd like an easier way to undo an accidental increment. Editing them in the events tab works but I'd prefer long-tap on the item.

I like the app.

@streakmachine @ericd
@joanna you mean like this? -
/@ericd @streakmachine
@joanna You can do a long-tap on events in the Events tab if you prefer that to the swipe-right gesture. You can also swipe-right on the category in the Today tab to delete the last event added to this this category on that day. /@ccp @streakmachine
@ericd ah, that's handy to know! Thanks for letting us know about that handy swipe right shortcut 😎
/@streakmachine @joanna
@ericd Ah! I had not tried swiping right on the Event tab, I'd only tried long-tapping and swiping left. Ha!

(And, Craig, I was talking about reducing the number on the Event tab screen.)

// @ccp @streakmachine
There's a site [log-a-day.com] wihch shows how the app works, but the screenshots are outdated and the tutorial is incomplete. I'm working on it, should be ready for the app release.
@ericd is it really as easy as "Hey Siri, I had a coffee"? I thought you have to tell Siri which app you're invoking? So if your invocation "I had"?

Because that would be effing cool!

"Hey Siri"
"I had"
"a coffee" <- this is passed to the app! :D
@ericd but then I'd also want

"I had... a bad day" and that would track "mood off" days, and the user could set what that means - a frown emoji, a cry emoji... a bunch of text which means "fought with spouse"...
@nitinkhanna At the moment it just adds a timestamped event at the moment you say the sentence. But you gave me an idea for a future feature. ;)
@ericd who's got two thumbs and is full of ideas for you? This guy! :D
@nitinkhanna Ahah ! 😊👍
@nitinkhanna Siri is integrated to the app, you're the one typing the sentence that you'll have to say to trigger the action. It can be "I just had a coffee" or anything you want. :)
@ericd Oh... right! I tried that with Day One once...

Would "I had a coffee" trigger the singular action of marking a coffee as having been had?

Or can it work like the phrase is "I had" and "a coffee" gets passed to the app? Not versed in Siri.
@nitinkhanna In this case there's no syntax analysis actually, Siri just recognizes that you're using a sentence that has been set by the app, and tells the app "your user just said that sentence you said they would say" and then the app does what it wants
@ericd cool! Looking forward to figuring out how it works with your app...
"Tedious" indeed. 100 screenshots!!!

4 iOS size ratios, 1 Mac, 10 pics each, in English and in French.

I understand why big teams use tools like Fastlane to automate this. Manually maintaining all the screenshots for a big app is near impossible.