This will be a bad weekend. Lockdown measures gone crazy. Starting tomorrow there will be a curfew in the Netherlands from 21:00-4:30. First time since WW II when we were occupied by Germany.
Insane measure. Shops, restaurants, schools closed since Dec 15.
@ludolphus Curfew at 18:00 here in France. Very hard to accomplish anything for those who don't live in town. Everybody feels "paralyzed". :/
@ericd I heard that. But in France the shops are still open, right?
@ludolphus Some. None like restaurants/cinemas, only the "essential" ones - which led of course to endless arguing about who's essential and who's not... But you're right, many have reopened recently.
@ericd ah ok. Only essential stores here for now. Mostly food and things you need to live. Also liquor stores, so that’s a plus 😂 🍻
[Deleted]
[Deleted]
@ericd curfew is crazy. I would have never imagined I would experience that in my country ever again. My parents did during WWII, they are born in ‘30s.
@ludolphus Same thoughts here. Parents are from 40's but I remember grandparents talking to us about it, and would never have imagined experiencing it too one day (of course not the same, it's not war, but still it's curfew and restrictions).
@ericd yeah great-full that it’s not war..
@ericd last week the 2 week curfew was extended for 3 weeks.

Today a court of law ends this madness of curfew. It’s party time! First step in ending all these measures that do more harm than good by now.