My New Years' resolution is to listen to music like I did last century: purchase one album each paycheck and listen to it repeatedly until the next paycheck. This week's purchase is SWANS The Seer.

https://swans.bandcamp.com/album/the-seer
cookie jar (i)
@josephaleo gotta make time for it. I used to listen with the liner notes in front of me... Just listening to music as a pastime.
@33MHz There are ”liner notes” on Bandcamp. SWANS Michael Gira is pretty thorough. I read the lyrics at Genius. I wish the liner notes and lyrics were all in one place.
@josephaleo yeah, right, when I used to do it, the lyrics were usually in the booklet. :)
@33MHz As much as I love streaming, the problem is that it's a never ending firehose of music. It devalues music, and I find myself impatient to hear the next song.
@33MHz When I purchased music last century, it forced me to listen to albums I would today skip because it had value. And listening and re-listening could turn my opinion around on an album I initially disliked.
@josephaleo absolutely. My car has a 5-disc changer, and even that gets cumbersome, because it's just "whatever someone bothered to load up a while ago", where when I do dishes, I grab a CD and listen straight through.
@josephaleo I want a purpose-driven life, after all!