Ron Paul locked out of his Facebook page
https://twitter.com/ronpaul/status/1348694943905308672
» Comments [news.ycombinator.com]
@hackernews ok who's next? Ron Paul locked out of his Facebook page (no idea why, didn't read, don't care 😆).
Next up they will cut you of from water and electricity or your internet connection because you said 'something'.
@ludolphus Utilities are unlikely, but, there is a sense that this kind of thing can make someone's life very uncomfortable, and makes me think of the boogey man stories of Chinese social credit systems. Your dentist won't service you, e.g..
@33MHz @ludolphus Yesterday I saw lots of click-bait headlines about an ISP in Idaho blocking Twitter and Facebook but it turned out they had requests for that functionality so said they would block for customers expressly requesting the block.
@joanna I saw that one too. But that’s not what I was talking about. Just thinking what might happen in the future. Hope it doesn’t..We need more decentralized systems. Not these big marketing companies acting like social networks.
/@33MHz
@ludolphus I didn't think that's what you were saying. I was just pointing out that click-baiters are saying it is happening. @33MHz
@joanna yes, some should not draw conclusions too fast but instead do a little research maybe.
/@33MHz