@blumenkraft And yet, I have a sneaky suspicion that those very people will be getting the newest models as soon as they are available.

It’s one thing to talk the talk, and another to walk the walk.
// @nitinkhanna
@Streakmachine i mean, some of them i guess. i'm not one of them at least. :P // @nitinkhanna
@blumenkraft @Streakmachine well, in my case it's basically what feels like past due... I'd like to get the newer camera module, the new iOS and some speed!

They keep saying iOS 13/14 are snappier on older phones, but the third party apps slow it down.
@nitinkhanna i'm having this second-gen iPad as a dashboard hanging on the wall. the one app i was using with it just stopped working. :(
// @Streakmachine
@blumenkraft that sucks!!!! What were you displaying on the dashboard? @Streakmachine
@blumenkraft lol... that you can get from a hundred webapps!! @Streakmachine
@nitinkhanna they are either ugly (i.e. not showing the chart in the correct iPad size or format) and mostly don't auto-update. :(
@Streakmachine
@nitinkhanna you don't happen to look for a new project? that would be a killer site. ;)
@blumenkraft haha not at the moment... I might be able to pick it up some time next year! !remind me in a few months :D

A live updating bitcoin price site? Hmmmm... I might have some ideas around it.
@nitinkhanna it will make you a little money, i'm sure.
@blumenkraft You think? There's at least one channel that's giving away some charts live, but also pushing people to buy access - https://opticalartcrypto.com/iump-subscription-plan/

You might want to look at this too.
@nitinkhanna will check it out! :)
about the money earning thing, why not? when the site is pretty, the ad on the page is decent enough, rotates, and it runs all day on people's devices, that would generate some ad money indeed.
@blumenkraft I agree... there's money potential for sure, specially for information that's timely and well targeted. :)
@nitinkhanna yes. maybe it's only a niche thing, but with enough of those kinds of services, it summarizes...
@blumenkraft I couldn't agree more! :)

A bunch of these niche things can be a nice portfolio...
@blumenkraft in the short term, please go ahead and build if you want to. As I said, I'll come to it some time next year... :)
@nitinkhanna i lack the skillzzz :'(
@blumenkraft well then, I'll add that to my list of projects... :)
@blumenkraft how about this? There are YouTube livestreams dedicated to the price of bitcoin - just leave one up running? It'll be uglier than a dashboard, but live and informative! @Streakmachine

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jj14MJtQBWg perhaps?
@nitinkhanna holy moly, this is actually amazing! thanks so much for the hint. :)
@blumenkraft cheers! I've been discovering a lot of live YouTube... Started with just listening to chillhop and then realizing there's simultaneously a dearth and a plethora of live youtube content!
@nitinkhanna it's such an obvious idea, how did i not think of it on my own. pretty embarrassing.
@blumenkraft no no, it's NOT obvious... We think of youtube as a source of videos that already exist, or special content that's live, like big events, paid or free. Common folk uploading live content is NOT common and not expected, yet it exists!
@nitinkhanna now i wonder what kind of dashboard channels one could make for YouTube. :D
@blumenkraft I knew you'd come to that quickly!
cookie jar (l)

I knew you'd come to that quickly!

Here's a hint - if you build even a simple JS based (no service workers smarts) auto updating thingy, maybe using AntJS to build beautiful charts, you can then use OBS (Open Broadcast Software) to point to your local HTML file (or host it in the cloud) and livestream it to YouTube/Twitch/something else.…

Read on Longpo.st

@blumenkraft host the HTML in the cloud (i.e. any webhosting)... OBS in the cloud is not a good idea :D
@blumenkraft and... might be time to work on making the dashboard a web app with sockets and job runners (or whatever those are called?) @Streakmachine
@nitinkhanna yep, i don't have the skillz though. :(
(
@Streakmachine