About a year ago, I bought an XL version of this vest for running in the dark. At the end of February, I bought a large version. Yesterday, I put it on and decided to order a medium. And to think I wore 5XL shirts at one time.
cookie jar (i)
@phoneboy that's pretty awesome
@igmp_join might have issues getting small reflective vests…
@phoneboy holy moly, you really did it, didn't you? happy for you.

congrats! :)
@blumenkraft well, it ain't over yet. Still got another 10 kilos or so to lose but it's a massive improvement compared to what I was.
@phoneboy huge milestone nonetheless. what is 10 kilo anyway? ;)
@blumenkraft I may still be a little overweight losing 10kg. Which isn't the end of the world. That said I'm trying to become literally half the man I used to be. 😬
@phoneboy take it easy, mate. it's really amazing what you already achieved. in Germany, we say "Hut ab!" (Hats off!)
@blumenkraft health wise I'm not entirely out of the woods. I do have an aneurysm in one of my aortas that I have to keep an eye on. Will basically need annual angiograms for the time being. Also have to keep a tight lid on my blood pressure. 😬
@phoneboy good luck with that! *fingers crossed* :)
@phoneboy wow, that's astonishing. How did you change your diet to support that?
@lechindianer getting rid of sugar, grains, and seed/vegetable oils.
@phoneboy Awesome achievement! Why are grains and seed oils bad?
@ludolphus grains (modern ones especially) turn to sugar in the blood stream. Seed oils, which are in pretty much all packaged food, contain substances we were never designed to consume in mass quantities. Dr. Cate Shanahan calls them The Hateful Eight [drcate.com].
@phoneboy does this mean no more bread? What about olive oils and sunflower oils used for home made salad and baking?
@ludolphus I don’t eat bread anymore. A lot of olive oils are cut with seed oils (at least in the US), so I generally avoid them.
@phoneboy hmmm I have one here that says it’s made from just olives. Contains 0 sugar.
cookie jar (i)
@phoneboy if i remember correctly (like 97% sure) it's illegal in Germany to sell cut olive oil. must be 100% olive. @ludolphus
cookie jar (l)

Pindakaas, peanut butter

@blumenkraft well I bought this one in the Netherlands but it is from a German company 😉. Might be a European rule even. Something similar with butter, you can only call it butter if it is made from milk. We do not have peanut butter here. It is called pindakaas (peanut cheese), which of course makes no sense 😂. /@phoneboy…

Read on Longpo.st

@phoneboy @blumenkraft pindakaas. We also have a saying ‘helaas pindakaas’, something like ‘better luck next time’. Literal translation: ‘unfortunately peanut butter 😂’.
cookie jar (i)
@ludolphus yep could be a European law. very likely so.// @phoneboy
@ludolphus Ha ha. So cheese can be non-dairy but not butter? Heh.

// @phoneboy @blumenkraft
/dun @joanna haha indeed. One of the reasons is (was) the ‘butter law’ (dun dun dun) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boterwet

/@blumenkraft @phoneboy
@ludolphus Ah! Of course. Margarine. The cheese folks don't have to worry about peanut butter replacing cheese nearly as much as the butter people have to worry about margarine replace butter.

// @blumenkraft @phoneboy
@ludolphus Perhaps "corrupting" would've been better to use in place of "replacing" now that I think about it.

// @blumenkraft @phoneboy
@joanna 2051: the margarine allianz fights the peanut butter party on the battlefield of white bread. civilization is on the brink of destruction. but then the butter people step in and negotiate a peace treaty. the universe is saved!
@ludolphus @phoneboy
@ludolphus in the US they can lie 😬