I subscribed to the local paper for a physical Sunday paper, to support them and for the awesomeness. For these first two weeks, I haven't gotten one. :'(
@33MHz last time I tried a physical sub (it was many years ago) I had nothing but problems. I think many local newspapers have reached a point where they can't reliably do physical distribution any longer.
@33MHz and of course truly local newspapers are growing increasingly rare too.
@thrrgilag I know my dad has had trouble when he subscribed as well. When I subscribed, they give the daily online too (no ads and the specials online), but I couldn't log in. They told me my account didn't activate until Sunday since I got a Sun sub.
@thrrgilag But it didn't end up activated until I called back after Sunday and told 'em, hey, it's still not active...
@33MHz @thrrgilag Our local paper is printed in Houston so getting a physical copy means news is pretty much a day old. It's just not worth it to get a printed version.
@joanna :/ The physical paper is a great medium.
@thrrgilag
@33MHz @joanna I know a lot of folks prefer the dead tree edition but I discovered long ago I do better with stuff print on a screen rather than paper