@schmidt_fu How are things with you? What have you been up to?
@33MHz Hi there, a bit late but thanks a lot for asking!
I've been super busy last year, switching a waterfall project to agile, getting my son to school, teaching new people.
Currently planning my garden for this year :-)
@schmidt_fu what's the plan? @wife has a vegetable garden. The kids have been adoring the bean seeds.
@33MHz @wife So there goes planning (for this year). With the "lockdown" in place, I've switched to "agile gardening".
I've bought some seeds in advance, and try to improvise with that - and everything that comes my way.
@schmidt_fu Sounds like a plan. 😉 We added one raised bed this year, but I think it might not be available to plant in until next year. @wife keeps dumping food and dirt on it.
@schmidt_fu planning the garden is my favorite part, looking at seeds and dreaming of summer! :) /@33MHz
@Wife That reminds me, I ought to try and get my sweet peas started this weekend. Maybe even the tomatoes. Both home-saved seed.

/@33MHz @schmidt_fu
@jeremycherfas @33MHz @Wife So last year I tried to grow everything, from thyme to tomatoes, nasturtium, ginger, curcuma, regardless of yield.
Nearly everything worked, except sunflowers, onions and garlic (I guess hazelnuts were too young).
@Wife @33MHz @jeremycherfas This year I want to try open pollinated seeds, starting with last years tomatoes. I'll keep the herbs and salad, maybe some chili.
I'm looking for some legumes to grow in containers, maybe beans or lentils.
@schmidt_fu I wouldn’t bother with lentils because you need so many plants to get a decent harvest. French beans are good because they are so delicious if you pick them young and they will keep producing.

/@33MHz @Wife
@jeremycherfas @schmidt_fu Our girls pick everything they can get their hands on. Well, the 4yo is unstoppable. :P So hearty plants, or plants that don't taste good, work well. 😁
/@wife
@33MHz @wife @jeremycherfas Yeah, my kids do the same. That's why I keep planting edibles everywhere ;-)
@schmidt_fu definitely the best option!
@wife @jeremycherfas
@jeremycherfas @Wife @33MHz Thanks the hint! You're not the first one to mention runner beans.
I guess I'll try some this year!
@Wife @33MHz @jeremycherfas also I "leased" some garden space to my kids, and looking for something fun and easy to grow there.
I've thought of tomatoes or sunflowers, maybe nasturtium.
@schmidt_fu @Wife @jeremycherfas hah! Make them work for their tomatoes!
@schmidt_fu We do a few dark sunflowers but they need a lot of propping up to keep them from blowing over in the wind.

/@Wife @33MHz
@jeremycherfas @33MHz @Wife Good to know! We didn't get that far, our plants were eaten by birds before they could grow tall.