Passed by: 33MHz, lechindianer, PeterG

Tailed by: po

And with that, we have a number of API improvements [pnut.io] - take a look!
@pnut As a recent returnee, I am part of the problem and would like to be part of the solution, but it is hard to force engagement, here and elsewhere. I confess, I find more of interest at micro.blog, but my interactions there are feeds from my own sites.
@jeremycherfas I think there's some loss of activity from some interesting people who genuinely want to be active here, which sounds like you fit the bill. I want to get better at fostering the community, in ways that @bazbt3 and @blumenkraft are good.
@jeremycherfas Some of that is tooling. E.g., the #MNDP happens on my Monday nights, but some folks just won't be available for that, so I'm going to try to build a little tool for playlists from the week's submissions, so they can be involved in it later.
@33MHz MNDP has long intrigued me but I have never been able to join, both for reasons of timing (normally I am in CET) and tooling, at least on the phone. The other interesting use - giving and getting advice - is harder with a smaller group.
@jeremycherfas open questions are hard with a small group, but focused questions don't have to be. I think improving the chat room tools and then somehow connecting folks to the rooms would be useful.
@33MHz You’re right. I almost never think to visit the rooms. To me, they don’t feel like an integral part of the experience here.
@jeremycherfas like if I brought more beekeepers to the network, we could do mentoring here effectively. Other areas of interest we already have a number of folks who could connect, the thing I'm not sure about is how to start the movement.
@jeremycherfas But I think it's just an art unto itself; spending the time I currently spend on improving the API needs to be spent on the community, one way or another. I think niches are opportunities.
@jeremycherfas I know a number of bread bakers on Pnut who love to talk about their craft. Or in the past, @pamela had her own motives for pursuing developers and others to talk about #workchat. Self-motivated community builders are the real deal.
@33MHz Always happy to chat about #bread. I’ll keep that in minds.

Hmmn I wonder whether anyone here would be interested in a week-long course I am offering at a 14th century castle in Umbria? Hit me up for link to details.
@jeremycherfas wow, that's a remarkable event...