Got my alarm set for 2:00 😳 Gotta love Disneyland field trips πŸ˜’
@Shawna I can't think of anything more terrifying.
@Shawna Do you *have* to love them? That's quite a burden.
@Shawna it's Disneyland! "The Happiest Place on Earth!" #yay
@Shawna Wow, I thought those were rough days when I was only 20 min away. Can't imagine adding the drive.
@formfireglass @Shawna wait? You're coming from Vegas?...or are you staying nearby? That's a long day. #sorry
@bondman I assumed the drive. I could be wrong. But that would explain the 2:00 alarm time. To be fair, Ive had to be ready to wrangle a group of seniors together there at 2am.
// @Shawna
@formfireglass did you chaperoned your kids' HS grad night at Disneyland? @Shawna
@bondman I did the 3 years before them. And I used to work Grad Nite when I worked there. ;) @Shawna
@formfireglass I like the idea of being at Disneyland in the wee hours of the morning. Like being where the magic is before it springs to life. But, the thought of keeping a parkful of teenage in line is daunting! 😨@Shawna
@bondman Actually the easiest chaperoning ever. Barring problem kids, we just went on rides and had fun. They just met us back at the buses.
// @Shawna
@formfireglass yeah? OK. Good to know. πŸ€”
// @Shawna
@bondman And I've been at the park in the wee hours more times than I can count (used to work the summer closing shift – we'd go out to breakfast after work)
// @Shawna
@bondman Mmm, Dole Whip. Mouth is watering.
// @Shawna
@formfireglass oh, man! Now you've done it! :drools: πŸ˜‹πŸ @Shawna
@formfireglass I also dig their clam chowder sourdough bread bowls during the chilly nights. @Shawna
@bondman @formfireglass Sorry I went to Ed after that post😊 I'm not chaperoning this one. I have ha e to drive 30 minutes to the drop off and wait for the buses to leave. They return tomorrow at 4:00am. They are going to be tired.
@Shawna ah, that's a lot more doable. Fun for them!
// @formfireglass
@formfireglass @bondman I've chaperone for my son a few years back and it wasn't as bad as this trip because they were just going when the park opened. My daughter's school is doing a 3 hour educational thing before the park openes.
@bondman @formfireglass I definitely lucked out with my son's trip. His 8th grade class had 11 students. So basically all the moms went as chaperones so we could get discount tickets. My daughters 8th grade class has two schools going. Swarming with kids!