It's November!
@33MHz I usually do #noshavenovember but currently have a mustache for Halloween and am not sure how to proceed...
@theprawn start from the beginning?

I have a beard... no shave could be OK. It would be pretty full, but I guess that's the idea.
@33MHz I'm just going to have a weirdly disproportionally full mustache. Wife will love it. (She won't.)
@blumenkraft I think no shave is supposed to be not shaving "for a cause"? Some sort of awareness thing? </ignorant>
@33MHz @blumenkraft I've always participated out of laziness/excuse not to shave.
@33MHz @blumenkraft as far as I know, #movember is the one for a cause and no shave is just for the hell of it.
@33MHz @blumenkraft You say “NoShaveNovember”; the rest of the world says “Movember” (a portmanteau of moustache & November). It’s supposed to be to raise awareness of men’s health issues.
@33MHz I forgot about #nanowrimo but maybe...
@33MHz I guess I'm not shaving... wait, no, @olzowka isn't shaving but he hasn't in a year. I'm doing #NaNoWriMo. I'm two days behind on my word count and need to catch up.
@mcdemarco ha! I haven't shaved yet, but I didn't start from scratch. Meh.
@olszowka

Are you working on an existing work, or are you a purist, trying to write a real Thing in a month?
@33MHz @olszowka I don't tend to rebel by revising (not that anything counts as rebellion anymore), but I have never managed to write a Whole Thing in a month, even when I've hoped to keep it down to 50k. That's just not a good thing size.
@33MHz This year I've gone particularly large with an interactive story that the reader can take in various geographical directions like the Fabled Lands books, although it's neither RPG-style nor quite as flexible; time passes and you can't go backwards.
@mcdemarco whoa :D

"keep it down to 50k". That's usually the opposite of folks' issue.
@33MHz I don't mean that I *write* more than 50k, just that 50k doesn't feel like a good length and the story is never actually done at that point, even on the rare occasions where I thought it would be.
@mcdemarco ah OK. I wondered. I think @bazbt3 used a #WednesdayChallenge to start his #NaNoWriMo one year.