I am running a 2015 MacBook Air.
I'm thinking about getting a newer - reconditioned - one.
Do you think I should really go for it and get an M2 (absolute edge of my budget), or is the jump from where am I now to M1 enough to be getting along with?
@po I’m in much the same boat as you. While I don’t think the M1 will have a short life span, there are some nice features of the M2 line. Like MagSafe! 😃
@Streakmachine Oh gosh yes hadn't even thought about what inputs etc it'll take. I'm on the fence about getting a new MacBook or just a very nice Linux laptop. Too much choice lol
@po Yeah, choice overload is a real thing, and quite bothersome. I keep my eyes open for non-Apple machines but haven’t been wowed enough to make me jump anywhere yet.

Then again, I’m still impressed by actually functioning instant wake from sleep. 😂
@Streakmachine I think I'm going to get a reconditioned MacBook Air M2 with 516GB. I just need to pick something and go for it - at this point I'm in decision paralysis and just need to take action
@po I’m drawn towards the M2 as well, probably bumped up to 16GiB minimum. Might splurge for more if that’s an option.
@po I am still using my 2015 MBP. The battery is still gets me thruogh daily use, so I am hesitant to upgrade. Did you read up on the new M2 MBA announced at WWDC?
@thedoctor Not yet. Can't imagine I could afford anything new