@jeremycherfas @kyle @mikehoss you have some systems of tracking some sort of personal knowledge base right? I am just starting my own plaintext knowledge base and want to remember what you all do.
@kyle @jeremycherfas @33MHz that is two of us. Obsidian saves markdown files locally and you can sync them to your mobile devices.
@mikehoss @33MHz @jeremycherfas @kyle I have switched to Obsidian from nvAlt. Mac app is good and there are so many plugins you can hammer it in to any shape you like.
Mine’s mostly a learning/professional database of notes (better organised than in nvAlt)
@33MHz I like that there are good clients for _every_ major platform, reliable sync, notes are just a pile of markdown, and you can (selectively) publish your notes - I've published ~1500/1800: https://publish.obsidian.md/ai6ua/ @jeremycherfas @mikehoss
@kyle Is there an SMS client for my phone? 😉 Maybe I'll make a text-to-speech relay… 😆
@jeremycherfas @mikehoss
@33MHz Late to the party, and not an Obsidian user. I use The Archive [zettelkasten.de] for most of my notes and writing. Simpler than Obsidian, but many of the same advantages (no iOS, but anything can read the MD files, which I store in DropBox).

@mikehoss @kyle
@jeremycherfas @mikehoss @kyle thanks guys! This is helpful. To me it's probably about habit/process as much as anything, so it'll take me a while to settle into something. So right now I just have a couple files, but I'll need to do something as it grows.
@jeremycherfas @mikehoss @kyle I almost just want to get a whiteboard and write out what I learn every day, and keep it around a few days.
@33MHz I know there are spaced repetition plugins/modules for Obsidian. At least, I think there are. I'm sure you script something for any set of text files.

@kyle @mikehoss
@jeremycherfas it does seem to exist [github.com], hm @kyle @mikehoss
@jeremycherfas @mikehoss @kyle although that wouldn't be the only part of this. Still want something more thorough of course.
To me, given plaintext, much more important is how you organise and link the notes, which is software agnostic. I'm most keeping notes to write things, but some technical too, and they require slightly different systems.