When Slack or Teams asks me how the call went, what are they trying to determine? Don't they have metrics for call quality on their own? Or are they asking if I had a good time with the content of the call? Conditioning or some nonsense.
@33MHz they only have numbers. they can't tell anything qualitative and relative is hard to judge (do you expect poor quality from local bandwidth or local equipment? would have to compare this call to the last 5).
@igmp_join but they can test for example how good their encoders perform in low bandwidth. What can't they know through focused testing besides that a user likes their service? Esp with such a broad question. And they ask it *so* often.
@igmp_join asking end users "is this good?" is going to be very noisy data.
@33MHz if you as a user say the call was good when their metrics say it's bad, they can do a lower quality job.
if you say it's bad when their metrics say good, they have to wonder if it's your hardware.
I keep saying quality when I mean quantity, but they are usually related
@igmp_join if you say it's bad contradicting their metrics, I bet they'd just dump it as a false negative, unrelated to the service.
@33MHz as long as they are confident in their (client) app as well as the service, yeah, that's reasonable.
@igmp_join I wonder if they have enough data to qualify what a "that call was bad" refers to.
@igmp_join That's why I wonder if they're just feeding the firehose of yes/no to machine learning to make arbitrary decisions for them.
@33MHz it seems likely regardless that they're feeding it to the magic ai.