Not a good productive day since power was out for nearly three hours this morning.

Hopefully I can salvage something but it's all you need to know why our power grids are just hanging on and our elected officials are sleeping at the wheel for decades now.
@joe I have solar power generators (and about 800Ah of associated battery) just for this type of thing. I haven't lost power nearly as often since I moved, but it's still PG&E at the end of the day.
@kyle Many electric companies have regional monopolies which makes it very difficult as well.
@joe and the Public Utilities Commissions often side with the power companies.
@prometheus Which usually the elected official (like a governor or mayor) picks who would run it.
@joe @kyle some are even state-sponsored utilities, which gives them a monopoly. Take DTE or Consumers Energy as an example.
@thedoctor @kyle Yep, plus the certain elected official such as a mayor or governor or a board members sometimes picks who runs that particular agency.
@joe and just think, there are some that want us to put 220v outlets in our garage to charge our cars!
@i70dan Yep, you can't go there without addressing the power grid and improving it.
@joe @i70dan it is human nature to jump in without thinking of consequences and having to react later. As interesting and exciting as ev tech can be, it is ignorant to say we are prepared for all the charging.
@mandy @i70dan We have a long way to go exactly.