Hey all, been away for a bit. I had a few overloaded weeks at work, almost felt like normal for a bit haha. Then, this past Sunday I started feeling sick, test on Monday confirmed the rona. Feeling much better now.
What did I miss?
@shawn I bought a house?! A shell. I'll put some pictures up in the next couple weeks. Next weekend I'm planning on doing some assessment and boarding up.
@33MHz damn! Congratulations man, sounds like a lot of work but I imagine it’s the rewarding kind. I’m jealous of a handy project like that, I love a good hammer and nail challenge.

Is it a future home, a flip&sell, or something else entirely?
@shawn It's a really strange situation. Sold for a song ("the house is like a dog, free to a good home"), in a depressed area of the city (where I live!), with some interesting potential.
@shawn so, lots of ideas but no clarity yet. Will take years to renovate, b/c I won't throw a big mortgage at it. Hoping to shore up and then put sweat equity into it to make it a feasible project.
@33MHz sounds like a really neat opportunity with comparatively low risk. I’m curious to see what it looks like and even more curious to see what you do with it.
@33MHz Sounds like it was a low price, but what are the property taxes like? My aged parent thinks real estate of some kind is the safest way to save for retirement but I am uncomfortable with it. @shawn
@mandy ~$140/yr for this property. /@shawn
@shawn gah, lame. Glad you're better!
@33MHz the lamest. Headaches and fever kept me from coding at the start but the past few days have been quite productive
@shawn unacceptable. You cannot take a break from pnut ;) Hopefully Covid wasn't to severe for you. I am starting a week off of clinical work and seeing two friend groups this weekend!
@thedoctor 🍻 sounds amazing! My friend group right now is me and my dog hahaha, we’re very jealous. First few days were surprisingly rough, though I rarely get sick so I might just be a big baby.

When’s the last time you had time off like you do now?
@shawn In a two-week period, I typically work something like (week 1) R, F, S, (week 2) U, T, W then have six to seven days off at a time.