This past year 1Password has made me sad. Just now, while signed into my account, they show me the splash screen for v7 which is just an upsell to a subscription I'm already paying for. What a shame, I used to admire their work.
@shawn I left them a few months ago and rely on KeePass XC and DX. No regrets.
@shawn @joe likewise, Keepass XC here.
@33MHz @joe I feel like a failed nerd, I’ve never heard of any of these. Cause I’m an Apple user I’m slowly moving everything into iCloud Keychain, hoping they make it a bit more fully featured by July hahaha
@33MHz @joe @hybotics speaking of 1Password… [mjtsai.com]. These quotes sounds like they’re drunk on their own greed, equating success with company size. “Expanding the vision… of password managers” ha more like abandoning their original customer base for dem moneys…
@shawn Yep, it's become very clear that they have abandoned the consumer users that made them in the first place and they have put their focus on business and enterprise customers first. It's sad on what they have become.

@hybotics @33MHz
@joe agreed.

From the protocol interview: “…crypto wallets and Web3 logins. Is that stuff on your radar right now? Shiner: Very much so.”

Ugh, somedays I truly hate what our world is becoming.

/ @33MHz @hybotics
@shawn I find this happening more often each day.

//@33MHz @joe
@33MHz @joe @shawn Same here. Went down the KeePass compatible route for future proofing and OS independence.

Sad and difficult to break up, and I was with 1Password since 2008 (I checked). Sucks, but I had to abandon them, seeing where they’re headed.
@shawn I think LastPass did something similar when they started limiting the number of devices usable on the free tier. I left and went to Bitwarden.