Do you want to take apart a concentration of power, or regulate it.
Facebook whistleblower recommends the gov't… add regulations that Facebook Vice President of Global Affairs and Zuckerburg have been asking for for a couple years, ensuring they become the formally recognized social network of America.

/paraphrase
"we need a dedicated regulatory agency to hold Facebook and other Big Tech companies accountable for how their algorithms…" -Senator Gillibrand

There is a lot of junk in the air. ☹️
@mandy To be managed like the Army Corps of Engineers manages spillways. "There was too much Green Party in recent algorithms, so the Corps scheduled a series of 50-minute controlled releases of Libertarianism for two days in November…"
@mandy "…The Corps said releasing Libertarianism in early November will give it time to develop arguments for Thanksgiving meals later in the month. By January they will know if the Libertarians were able to spawn before freezing temperatures and COVID…"
@mandy OK, I'm done. That is fun. ☺️
@33MHz where was that from? I have been offline a lot just now.
@mandy I was making up things about how regulating algorithms is going to be a bunch of trouble. I respect the Army Corps of Engineers, but they have historically made some magnificent blunders to make fun of. πŸ˜…
@mandy "…The Corps will monitor the releases to be sure it is diffused into the existing population down-stream. Libertarians have been in decline since the 1960s, but 10yrs ago watch groups were able to identify small groups in tributaries…"
Data Protection Agency. A few engineers and lawyers who verify complaints about companies misusing PII, I'd be OK with.