Well Mozilla managed to make Firefox officially crapware in my mind now. Sigh.
@thrrgilag Yep, they just added ads on the search bar [bleepingcomputer.com]
@thrrgilag Yeah, they’ve been hard at work on that for a while. Guess they finally “succeeded”. Time to fork Firefox, give it a new name, and the care it deserves?
@streakmachine @thrrgilag we need some sort of independent foundation/non-profit. Wouldn't it be great if they spun #Firefox off like they did #Thunderbird? https://www.thunderbird.net/en-US/about/
@streakmachine @thrrgilag Then the existing Mozilla could be just the political, money-making machine that it wants to be.
@33MHz @thrrgilag I’m all in favor of this. As long as we have the source code, we can rebuild it. Faster, stronger, better!
@streakmachine @thrrgilag to work, it would need those significant donations from big random companies like Intel, FSF, some big educational institutions, maybe a few small countries.
@33MHz @thrrgilag If we could deliver something that Firefox is supposed to be, I think I could be done.
@Streakmachine @thrrgilag We already have a fork, it's called LibreWolf. It's a good one that I was able to try it out.
@joe There has to be an ecosystem around it. Massive support. To be able to maintain the browser despite Mozilla. /@streakmachine @thrrgilag
@joe @streakmachine @thrrgilag We need looots of $$$$, and then @doctorlinguist can retire and steer the org.
@33MHz @doctorlinguist @streakmachine @joe I found some loose change in my backpack the other day if that helps? It might add up to a dollar.
@thrrgilag I have a jar we can put it in. /@streakmachine @joe
@joe "LibreWolf is always built from the latest Firefox stable source, for up-to-date security and features along with stability." @streakmachine @thrrgilag